Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Sunday, 29 July 2012

HD Brows in Galway - A Review



Hi Guys,

I'm sure by now that you've all heard of the craze sweeping the nation that is HD Brows.

What exactly are HD Brows I hear you ask? Well in short HD Brows is a 7 step process that claims to give you the ultimate in High Definition Brows. Sounds intriguing eh? Yeah I thought so too.

The 7 step proceedure consists of;


  • Assessing/designing
  • Tinting
  • Waxing
  • Threading 
  • Trimming
  • Tweezing 
  • Finishing with mineral makeup


Sounds like a lot of fuss over eyebrows, doesn't it? I do love the full brows look that's currently in vogue at the minute - just not a Scouse Brow thank you please! So I decided that of course I should go and trial this out and report back to you lovely readers - yes, the things I do in the name of beauty! ;)

The most painful part of this process was growing out my brows - I suffered on and let my hairy caterpillars grow for the best part of 3 months - absolutely no tweezing, waxing, threading whilst I was growing them out, as I wanted to achieve the best results possible from my first visit. Believe me when I tell you that as a serial plucker, it was agony trying to resist the temptation not to tweeze!

My consultation took a good 30 mins - so leave yourself enough time for this process.

First my brows were analysed, angled and measured. I wasn't asked what kind of look I was going for, as HD Brows proudly proclaim they can design eyebrows to suit your personality (!) however I didn't mind as I felt as though I was in good hands.

Next came the tinting part - We decided on a very dark brown shade to match my natural colouring - roughly the same shade as my natural eyebrows. The tint would help fill in any sparse patches by tinting the lighter coloured hairs you don't normally see.

The rest of the proceedure consisted of my brows being waxed, threaded, tweezed and trimmed to within an inch of their lives. This is then finished off with a light dusting of mineral makeup to hide any red blotchiness so you can leave the salon with none of the tell tale signs of just having had your brows done.

And now to the before and afters... Please forgive the state of my brows in the before pic!

Before:



After:



Would I get it done again?
Perhaps. I'm still not fully sold on the virtues of HD Brows, I think that any beauty therapist worth her weight in salt should be able to achieve good definition in brows with threading and tinting alone. I have decided however that in the interest of fairness, I will get the HD Brows in Galway done one more time to see if the second time makes any more difference (They do say you may require multiple visits in order to achieve the HD Brow look).

What do you think? Have you had HD Brows done yourself? How did you get on?

Belle xXx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...