Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Thursday, 9 August 2012

I LOVE Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream

Hello everyone!

I've recently been trying out a BB Cream by Ginvera. To give the product it's full name it's the Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream - phew, quite the mouthful! Keep reading to find out my thoughts on this product.


I'll admit that this is the first BB Cream I've thoroughly tested. Like everyone else i'd heard about the moisturising properties, the brightening aspects, built in SPF protection and of course the glowing reviews. I was sceptical. Very sceptical. How could these so-called miracle "BB Creams" have been under the radar til now if they're so wonderful? Are they really all that, or is it just some very clever marketing hype? And so, I convinced myself that BB Creams were just another fad in the beauty world and I delayed trying them, until now that is, and boy am I kicking myself for not trying this sooner!


What is a BB Cream?
"BB cream, also known as Blemish BalmBlemish Base or Beauty Balm is a cosmetic base sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets as well. Originally formulated in Germany by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek in the 1950s,  the cream was initially used to protect skin after laser procedures and surgery, while also providing light coverage. Introduced to South Korea and Japan in the 1980s, BB cream has been named "the secret of Korean actresses" and has been heavily endorsed by Korean celebrities, which gained it large exposure in these Asian markets"



Sounds impressive, huh?

Now a bit about my skin - I have dry skin, at times it can get a bit on the flaky side - and no amount of exfoliation, moisturising or scrubbing has ever truly gotten rid of it. Now, as a makeup artist I LOVE makeup, trying out new brands, testing new formulas and the best thing to have when playing around with colourful looks is to have a blank canvas, or in other words a flawless base. However, I have searched for years high up and low down to find the "holy grail" of foundations. I got close a few times, but they were never quite right - the shade wasn't right, it was too cakey, it clung to dry patches, it didn't wear well, they were drying on the skin etc... You name it, I had the problem! So after years spent trying high end brands in my never ending search for a perfect base, I'll admit that I had my doubts about this BB Cream. I'm very fussy when it comes to a skin base, could this REALLY live up to expectations?



YOU BET'CHA!! I think I just may have found the ever elusive Holy Grail in skin bases. When I first tested the product it looked quite dark. "Oh no, yet another failure, this one is far too dark for my porcelain hues" I bemoaned when I saw the shade, however when I blended in the product into my skin something magical happened - it vanished! Right before my very eyes - no longer could I see the dark brown fluid which at first glance was completely the wrong shade for me, the cream had adapted to my own skintone and blended flawlessy with my own skin. Wow. 

Heavily Swatched:


Blended out:
(You can't even see it's there!)

Ok, but now for the important test - "is it going to cling to dry patches and go flaky" which is a huge no-no with me. When I first applied it the one thing which caught me off guard was how fabulously dewy and radiant it looked. My skin was left glowing and luminous - not a dry, cakey or flakey patch in sight. If you're looking for a matte look, this probably isn't the product for you, however if you want to look as though you're glowing from the inside with luminosity, then this most definitely is right up your alley!


I think that this is the product I've been looking all my life for and now at last we are re-united! As soon as a friend met me after I had applied the Ginvera Nude Cover BB Cream she instantly commented on how good my skin looked - it didn't look like I was wearing makeup at all, it was my skin, but better!

The formula is quite runny and liquidy and I found that it gives a beautiful sheer glow - you can of course build this coverage up with thin layers if you want medium-heavy coverage in order to cover blemishes etc... It really evened out my skintone and gave me a clear complexion - all whilst keeping my skin super hydrated all day long thanks to the addition of Hyaluronic acid.



I also love the fact that this product has an SPF of 30. I'm forever telling people to wear sunscreen however I know I should wear it more often myself. Normally I dislike facial products containing an SPF as I find them heavy and greasy on my skin and sometimes they can give your skintone an ashy cast which does not photograph well, however I'm pleased to say that I did not experience any of these issues with the Ginvera BB Cream. It photographed beautifully, instantly adapted to my own skintone and felt light and refreshing all day long, and the best part - after a long day spent in the sun on a beach - still no dryness or flaky patches, YAY!!!!



Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream gets a HUGE thumbs up from me! A+

You can purchase this from Harvey Nichols in the UK and Ireland for just £20 here;

Or if you're not near a Harvey Nichols you can buy it direct from Janiro UK for the same price of just £20 here;

Have you tried this product? If so I would love to hear your thoughts on it and see if you loved it as much as I did.

Belle xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...