Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Thursday, 16 August 2012

LuxBox - Beauty Box for August

Hello everyone! *waves*

By now I'm sure most of you will have heard of the latest craze that is Beauty Boxes.


What are Beauty Boxes?

If you're not familiar with beauty boxes, the concept is pretty simple: beauty box sites set membership fee, generally around £10 or more per month, usually on a subscription basis, for it's members to receive a box or bag full of cosmetics, skincare and fragrance. These can range from deluxe samples, to travel size, to full size cosmetics, depending on the company. And there are sites specializing not only in luxury brand cosmetics, but also eco friendly and sustainable skincare, hair care, and beauty lines.

I've recently hopped on the bandwagon and signed up to some Beauty Box subscriptions, however the latest one to catch my eye was LuxBox - http://www.luxbox.co.uk/


LuxBox promise "To bring you the best in luxurious products; freeing you of the effort of trialing hundreds of products and spending hundreds of pounds!"

To be honest I love the idea of Beauty Boxes - once a month a beautifully packaged and presented box lands on your doorstep and each month it's a mystery as to what you'll get. It's like treating yourself to a Birthday present once a month! 



At the moment LuxBox currently only deliver to addresses within the UK, however I'm hoping that they will soon change this and offer the service to Ireland also. Alternatively if you're in Ireland and desperate to get your hands on a LuxBox you could always try a service like Parcel Motel and get around the delivery restriction that way! :)

Customer service from LuxBox was top class and I received my Beauty Box within 5 days - it came carefully packaged in a brown cardboard box and was then beautifully presented inside in a very sophisticated looking and very understated muted greige box with the LuxBox logo on top.


Inside my box I got 5 items, 2 of which were full sizes so I was extremely pleased with that.

The box costs £10 (plus P&P) so the 2 full size items I got more than covered the price of the box alone.



Inside the box also comes a handy guide which details the products in your Beauty Box along with info on where you can re-purchase and pricing etc...


In this months box I received:


Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner in Peacock - Full Size - £11.75


Gatineau Essential
Skin Corrector - Sample Size - 15ml - £20.70


Magnifibres Brush on False Lashes - Full Size - £20


BRTC Gold Caviar BB Cream - Sample Sachet X 2

Yana Cosmetics Foundation - Sample Size - £1.50


Everything that came in the box:


I'm absolutely delighted with the box. For one, LuxBox actually ask you what skin type and foundation shade you are to ensure you get a foundation sample to match your skintone - unlike a lot of other Beauty Box companies who just send out the same samples to everyone meaning that there will be a lot of disappointed people receiving skin care items which are no use to them due to the wrong shades being received.

The Magnifibres and Inika products were both full size and they are worth £31.75 combined - I then calculated the Gatineau sample to be worth £20.70 based on the full size 50ml product retailing for £69.

So straight away the items in my box came to a whopping £52.45 - and that's NOT including the value of the Yana foundation sample and the 2 BRTC BB Cream sample sachets!

Not bad for a Beauty Box that costs just £10 huh?

So far I'm loving my LuxBox and I note that they currently have an offer on at the minute for a Limited Edition box for £20 which will contain 5 Full Size products. Given the value that I got in this box, I'm very tempted by the Limited Edition box which looks like it could be a winner!

You can check out LuxBox here:

Facebook:

Twitter:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...