Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Monday, 20 August 2012

Product RAVE Skin79 VIP Gold - Review & Swatches

Hi Guys!

Continuing with my current BB Cream Review series, today I'm going to show you how I got on with my Skin79 VIP Gold Collection Super+ Beblesh Balm to give it it's full title - phew, that's a bit of a mouthful! I'll here on in refer to it as Skin79 Gold.



I got my Skin79 Gold BB Cream from TreatYourSkin.com and you can get a 10% discount off your order by using code "TYSBELLA"

You can view the full range of BB Creams here

This BB Cream is formulated for dry skins, so I had high hopes for this product before using it as I do suffer from dry skin and my pet hate is foundation that clings to dry patches and cakes and flakes, yuck!

KFDA 3 functions certification
Whitening
Wrinkle improvement
Ultraviolet rays interception SPF25 PA++


Claims: "A 3 effects functional beblesh balm. By Adenosine and Arbutin ingredients which are effective in whitening, wrinkles improvement cultivate more bright and elastic skin. Intercept ultraviolet rays UV A and UV B at the same time and protect your skin exposed from the sun more thoroughly. Abundant nutrition of Gold and Caviar extract cares skin intensively to make shiny, healthy skin"

Packaging:
The packaging for this BB Cream is very classy and sophisticated looking. It will definitely make an elegant edition on any vanity. I don't think I've ever seen such sturdy and quality packaging before. It really oozes luxury.






The container itself comes in this outer box:

Check out the rainbow holographic sparkles!






Note the handy QR code on the box.

Ingredients:
water, propylene glycol, cyclomethicone, demethicone, titanium dioxide, isopropyl palmitate, talc, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexylmethoxycinnamate, dipentaerythrityl hexadydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, arbutin, ethylhexyl salicylate, zinc oxide, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, vinyl dimethicone/ methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, portulaca oleracea extract, piper mthysticum leaf/root/stem extract, glycosyl trehalose, hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, tocopheryl acetate, adenosine, ubiquinone, hydrogenated lecithin, citrus unshiu fruit oil, ceramide 3, cholesterol, camellia sinensis leaf extract, madecassoside, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, nelumbo nucifera flower water, caviar extract, lycium chinense fruit extract, helianthus annus (sunflower) extract, cornus officinalis fruit extract, hedera helix (ivy) extract, schizandra chinensis fruit extract, disteardimonium hectorite, trihydroxystearin, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum stearate, methicone, glycerin, caprylic/ capric triglyceride, gold, triclosan, BHT, phytic acid, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides 


The canister itself is a pump, which is vacuum sealed - which means no air or bacteria will get into the product - this should equate to a longer shelf life, however I don't see myself having to worry about that as I envisage I'll be using it daily from now on!


More rainbow holographic sparkly goodness!



There is a beautiful sturdy gold press action pump on the top - which if you're stuck can also double as a mirror, however it is on the gold tinted side, so don't rely on it for colour accuracy.


The canister also comes with a label of authenticity so you can ensure that the product you have is genuine - there are a lot of fakes coming onto the market, so be careful where you purchase from. I got mine from TreatYourSkin.com who only sell authentic products.




The formula of the BB Cream itself is quite thick and on first glance has a greyish cast to it. Don't worry though, from my experience this adapts to your skin tone to match your skin. This only comes in a "one shade fits all" - for reference I'm an NW15 and it matched my skin perfectly. I can't comment however, on well it would work on much darker skin tones.

Swatches:


I've created some swatches of some various BB Creams I have so you can see the differences in shade, texture and coverage.

Heavily applied:

Lightly Blended:

Blended Out:


I have to say that I love this BB Cream - I've been wearing it with NO moisturiser / primer or base of any kind underneath (something which is normally unheard of for me) and it's been perfect. I have dry skin and there was ZERO signs of any flakiness or patchiness whilst wearing this.

I found the coverage to also be good - I would say it provides medium coverage, however this could be built up using light layers if you find you do want a heavier coverage.

This blended with my skin seamlessly so much so that it really didn't look like I was wearing any makeup at all - my skin simply looked more even, toned and clear. Blemishes were covered and it really evened out my entire complexion.

It wears well throughout a long day - with no touchups required. I didn't even need to use a powder to "set" it as you have to with so many other bases.

I also noted that it gave me skin a lovely dewy, luminous finish. It wasn't at all powdery or caked on looking - just my skin, only better. It reflected the light well and I can see how it "blurs" fine lines and imperfections. I applied this using a MAC 187 and it really gave me an "airbrushed" complextion.

I will most definitely be re-purchasing this product when it runs out. I can see this becoming a staple of mine from now on.

I got the Skin79 VIP Gold Super+ BB Cream from TreatYourSkin.com

It costs just £17.95 for a generous 40g canister, which, considering what I've spent on foundations in the past I think is bargaintastic! 

You can use code "TYSBELLA" to get 10% off your order there too if you decide to try it.

If you're unsure of which Skin79 BB Cream to choose, I see you can also opt for a miniature set which contains the Skin79 VIP Gold, Pink Label, Diamond and Diamond Luminous. 

The mini set costs just £13.95 and you get 5g of each product to try, which sounds like a great idea if you're unsure which Skin79 BB Cream would be best for you.


I'm so impressed with the VIP Gold that I definitely want to try out the Dream Girls, Oriental Gold,  Super Plus Silver label and the Diamond range of Skin79 BB Creams to see how they fare against this one.

I hope you'll all find this review and the photos and swatches above helpful in some way in choosing your next BB Cream. Skin79 VIP Gold gets a big thumbs up from me! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...