VOYA is is an Irish, family owned and run business which began in 1912 when the first seaweed baths opened in Strandhill, Co.Sligo, Ireland. All of their products contain hand-harvested seaweed which is certified organic.
They are a luxury Irish skincare brand and many of their products can be found in some of Ireland's top spas including: The Cliff House Hotel, Bellinter House, Dromoland Castle, K Club and Lyrath Estate House.
I love the fact that VOYA is a wholly organic brand and that they have pioneered new methods of sustainable harvesting limiting the environmental impact. So it;s good for your skin and good for the planet!
I recently got VOYA Organic Voyager set priced at €40.00
The Organic Voyager set includes:
- Silky By Nature Shampoo
- Forget Me Knot Conditioner
- Squeaky Clean Body Wash
- Softly Does It Body Moisturiser
Each product is made with hand-harvested seaweed and is 75ml which means that they make the ideal size for bringing with you on your trips abroad! The set comes in a handy 100% organic cotton travel bag - perfect for keeping all your holiday essentials and toiletries in.
Each product is embossed with a shiny, metallic VOYA logo. The packaging is a squeezable plastic tube meaning there's no fear of breakages or spillages whilst you're travelling with this companion set.
Seaweed – The Facts
· Worldwide there are approximately 2,000 species of brown macroalgae (Phaecophyceae), 5,500 reds (Rhodophyceae), and 1,200 greens (Chlorophyceae), most of which are marine based.
· Seaweeds contain Algal polyphenols and Carotenoids which have been proven to be strong antioxidants, protecting against cell damage inflicted by oxygen-free radicals, a major cause of disease and aging.
· Seaweed is packed with vitamins B1, B2, and B12, plus polysaccharides and is moisturising, but oil-free. Seaweed is also a highly concentrated source of minerals and trace elements in their balanced state and supplies alginic acid, which elasticizes whatever it comes in contact with, including skin.
· Seawater is full of zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium, plus zillions of other trace minerals. And seaweed, which is fed by water itself, as opposed to roots, exponentially concentrates the whole cocktail.
Silky By Nature Shampoo
The Silky By Nature shampoo is a very mild, gentle cleanser which should suit even those with the most sensitive of scalps. It creates a lovely lather and leaves your hair feel, well, really clean and beautifully shiny.
Forget Me Knot Conditioner
The Forget Me Knot conditioner is an opaque cream which adds shine and glossiness to your hair. It's great for conditioning dry or stressed hair and I find it works great if you apply it to your hair straight after washing, then wrap it in a hot towel for 20-30mins before rinsing out.
Squeaky Clean Body Wash
The body wash is very rich, you only need a small amount at a time. It feels lovely and soapy on your skin and lathers up great! It smells gorgeous in the shower and the scent lingers on your skin - I'm really loving this!
Softly Does It Body Moisturiser
The Softly Does It body moisturiser is a rich, indulgent cream which sinks into your skin to leave it feel silky soft and smooth. I didn't find it greasy which is a complete bug bear of mine when it comes to body moisturisers - I find some can leave a greasy film which thankfully this does not. Again, this product is quite rich, so small amounts are needed.
I can see these products lasting some time as you don't need to slather yourself in them in order to benefit from the moisturising properties.
The products smell divine - it's a lovely refreshing, clean, "green" scent. Very reminiscent of days at the beach!
I'm loving my VOYA products - they make showering feel like an indulgence of the senses! I'll definitely be packing this with me when I'm next off on holidays. All the products fit neatly into their organic cotton travel bag and the addition of seaweed and vitamins B5 and E means they're great for keeping your hair conditioned and soft and silky whilst you're out in any harsh sun and dipping in and out of chlorinated pools.
You can purchase VOYA products from: http://www.voya.ie
Or you can always find them on Facebook here
Have you ever tried VOYA products before? Got any particular standouts you'd like to mention? If so, leave me a comment and let me know :)