Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Monday, 15 October 2012

Rockabilly Pink Hairdressing Upstyle with SalonAddict.ie


Hi Guys!

I recently discovered SalonAddict.ie - an online directory of some of the top hairdressers and beauty salons in the country. Not alone can you browse hairdressers and salons in your area but you can also compare prices, check out reviews and ratings and best of all you can book online!



I'm really loving the aspect of being able to book your appointments online - It's happened in the past where I wanted to make a hair/beauty appointment and not having credit on your phone / having your battery dying makes things a little tricky, so it's great that you can browse services in your area, compare prices and book online. I've been tempted in the past to email the salons in question with regards to making an appointed, however I was always wary that my request wouldn't be seen on time, depending on how often the salon checks their email - booking online with SalonAddict.ie makes life so much easier!

SalonAddict.ie is Ireland's largest booking hair and beauty salon website so there's lots of places to choose from and the further you book in advance, the cheaper it is! So if you're on the hunt for a bargain then remember, the early bird catches the worm! Don't leave booking til the last minute and you just may nab yourself a great deal!

They also have an interesting blog located here where you can check out the latest hairstyles, manicures and nail art - so you'll have plenty of inspiration before your next visit to your salon of choice! :)

Today I went along to Pink! Hairdressing on Shop Street (right across from the Bodyshop) in Galway to try out the service.

The first thing that struck me upon entering the salon was how utterly gorgeous and girly it was - The salon is kitted out with funky hot pink swivel chairs, it's like being in a decadent boudoir - I felt right at home and knew that I would be in good hands with the super friendly Sarah who was going to be my stylist.




After a brief consultation we decided to go for an Imelda May inspired Rockabilly upstyle complete with victory rolls - hurrah! I can never manage to do these properly at home myself.

For the next 30 minutes my hair was backcombed, straightened, backcombed some more and pinned into place and preened to perfection by the very focused and determined Sarah :D

And this is the finished result...




I seriously cannot describe how amazing this upstyle turned out - Sarah somehow expertly managed to make it look like I have a mane of hair - when I first saw the back I actually thought she had used some styling inserts to fill out the rolls and "poof" it out - but nope, it was all mine! She really did work her magic to create this work of art.

Sadly, when I left the salon it was lashing rain and very gusty - I was afraid the up-do would fall flat, but thankfully it was very secure and kept it's shape and height despite the wind and rain, yay!

From the back:

Taken from the top to show the intricacies of the styling:

Quifftastic!

I'm absolutely thrilled with my new up-do - I don't want to take it out tonight before I go to bed as i'll never be able to re-create this look again myself!

Next time I want my Rockabilly fix, I'll definitely be making a return visit to Pink! Hairdressing as I'm one very happy camper! :)

You can check out the services and pricing available from Pink! Hairdressing here;


When you make a booking online with SalonAddict.ie, you simple pay a small deposit - 10% full price, then simply pay the balance on the day of your appointment once your treatment is done. Simples!

Pink! Hairdressing can be found at:
43 Shop Street
Galway
(Across from the Bodyshop!)

091-566290


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...