Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Sunday, 27 January 2013

Pixy Rose Cleansing Mud

I recently wrote about Ireland's answer to Lush which you can read here; where I reviewed the Pixy Skin So Soft - Softening Body Oil and today I'm going to be showing you the Pixy Rose Cleansing Mud.

A cleansing mud I hear you say, isn't that a bit of an oxy-moron, how can a mud possibly cleanse your skin and make it cleaner?!






Weedle's pharmacy from Cork  launched their own brand of skincare products under the name Pixy. All of the products are made of pure natural ingredients - no nasty chemicals or parabens!

They actually started out on The Dragons Den and their pitch went so well that they secured two offers of  €250,000, not bad huh?

The beauty products and fragrances from Pixy, the natural skincare range are made fresh by hand using no parabens, no SLS, no animal by-products and only ingredients that haven’t been tested on animals. The use of packaging is kept to a minimum and any preservatives are natural and limited only to the amount needed to keep your Pixy natural skincare range in peak condition for you to enjoy.


The Rose Cleansing Mud comes in an adorable cute little metal tin with screw off lid;




This little tin is densely packed to the brim full of deep down cleansing Rhassoul Clay and Red Clay from Morocco, which is full of minerals and antioxidants. There's also witch hazel added as an astringent., along with lots of different powders, including buttermilk and vanilla to detoxify and moisturise. You'll also find rosewater and rose petals in the mix to fragrance it.

I've read some reviews where people weren't too keen on the scent of this, however I have to say that I adore it - it reminds me of luxurious chocolate truffles - not a rose scent as I was expecting! I get a very definite chocolate aroma off this, which is no doubt down to the addition of cocoa powder in the formulation.


Ingredients:
Red clay, buttermilk powder, Rhassoul clay, caster oil, rose water, witch hazel, cocoa powder, kelp powder, vanilla powder, chamomile powder, rose petals, optiphen preservative (phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol).

(see, no nasty chemicals or parabens in sight!)

All of these ingredients work together to cleanse  and revitalise your skin by eliminating the toxins and toning your skin.


The mud itself contains partial rose petals which along with being soothing actually work as a natural exfoliant. 

The tin itself is 60 grams, but it's small size sure packs a punch - all of the ingredients are really well packed in and densely filled - you really are getting good value for money with this.

Directions:
Apply a small amount of the paste to damp skin. Massage well, avoiding eye area. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.

The first time I used the Rose Cleansing Mud I got a bit of shock when I discovered how potent a paste the concoction makes once mixed with some water - my hands and face turned into a lovely shade of David Dickinson - quite a turnabout for a NW10 gal! I needn't have worried however as the paste doesn't stain and once rinsed off left me with beautiful, glowing and radiant skin - and it's not often I get to say that!

I'm really digging this offering from Pixy - I've been using it since just before Christmas and I've noticed a definite improvement in the texture of my skin - it's much softer and smoother and not as dull as it was. I love the fact that it's Irish and made with all natural ingredients.

It's priced at €9.95 for a 60g tin.

You can get it directly from Pixy here - http://www.pixy.ie/

Or from selected stockists here - http://www.pixy.ie/pixy-stockist

Have you tried any Pixy products? If so I'd love to hear if you have any favourites from the range?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...