Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Sunday, 27 January 2013

Put your paws, er hoofs up!


In continuing with my series for some fab winter skin rescue remedies comes Mane 'n Tail's Hoofmaker.

Originally developed for horses to moisturize dry, cracked, brittle hooves. Since applied to the hoof by human hands, over time many of those using Hoofmaker on their horses noticed dramatic improvement in the condition of their hands and nails.



Ingredients:
Water Distearyldimonium Chloride Cetearyl Alcohol Stearyl Alcohol Glycerin Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate Cocos Nucifer (Coconut) Oil Cetyl Alcohol Polysorbate 60 Steareth 20 Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil DMDM Hydantoin Fragrance Methylparaben Lanolin PEG-150 Stearate Propylparaben Hydrolyzed Collegen PEG-25 Castor Oil Sodium Chloride Allantoin Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil Benzyl Sallcylate Citronellol Geraniol Hexyl Cinnamai Butylphenyl Methylpropional Limonene Linalool Hydroxyisohexyl-3-Cyxlohexene Carboxaldehyde, Yellow 5 (C1 19140) Yellow 6 (C1 15985)

The formulation contains protein enriched ingredients which enables your hands and body to achieve a natural feel while moisturizing dry and cracked skin. I have to admit that I was never a big fan of hand moisturisers because I never liked that sticky feel and the greasy residue they left behind. I'll be honest, my hands never felt clean and normally after putting on some hand moisturiser the first thing I wanted to do was go wash it off (Yes, slight OCD tendencies on my behalf I do realise!)

Not so however with Hoofmaker. The formula is lovely and smoothing and most definitely does not leave any greasy or sticky residue - which is a make or break deal for me when it comes to hand moisturisers. 

I've found it great to keep my hands nourished and protected what with this cold snap we've been having. I never remember to bring gloves anywhere with me, but the Hoofmaker is doing a damn good job in keep the winter chill and flakes away and leaving my hands soft and smooth.




  • Moisturizes dry, cracked skin on hands, feet and other areas of the body
  • Fortifies nails and protects them against damage, maintaining their strength and flexibility
  • Softens and conditions, deeply penetrating rough, callused areas
  • Restores vital nutrients and essential moisture to dry skin and nails in a greaseless formula
  • A manicure and pedicure in a bottle!



Priced at €7.95 for 175ml (The tube is huuuuge!) it represents great value, especially when you consider it's such a multi-use product.

Mane ‘n Tail is stocked in over 400 pharmacies nationwide so you should be able to gallop your way to a local stockist near you! :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...