Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Friday, 15 February 2013

Collection Cosmetics - Colour & Go and Killer Curves Mascara

Collection Cosmetics have recently undergone a brand spanking new revamp (you may remember them back from their days of Collection 2000) and I have to say that the new product range is all blinged up and pretty spectacular.

The new Primed & Ready Smoothing Skin Primer and Fix Me Up Long Lasting Makeup Fixer are already staples in my kit so I was looking forward to trying out the newly launched  Cover & Go and Killer Curves Mascara.


The brand new Killer Curves Mascara has just been launched, and it's amazing!


"Inspired by retro pin-ups, the COLLECTION Killer Curves Lasting Curve & Volume Mascara accentuates your natural lashes to give them an alluring, full-bodied shape."

The first thing that struck me was the packaging - I was instantly reminded of Coca Cola with the font and styling of the logo. That may just be me however :)


The tube is nice and thick with chrome and red styling and looks very retro. I have to say, I really like the design and it's definitely eye-catching. The product contains a fairly generous 8ml of mascara.



The mascara features an hourglass wand. This unique shape helps to gently curve and tease the lashes into a curl whilst adding volume and length.



I have Shade 2 - Ultra Black and it's an intensely pigmented, rich and creamy black. The formulation worked great for me - no flaking or panda eyes after 10 hours wear! 


The above photo shows just one coat of Killer Curves. I've found it to be great for layering if you want to really build up a dramatic lump. With other mascaras I've found layering on coats can result in clump, spider lashes, not so with Killer Curves however which left me with long, curved plumper lashes which were nicely separated showing no signs of clumping or flaking. WIN!

Killer Curves Mascara is out now and can be found in Boots and Superdrug for about £4.99 - though both Boots and Superdrug often have deals on makeup such as 3-for-2 so you may get it even cheaper.

You can also get it direct from Collection here for £4.99;
http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/eyes/mascara/killer-curves-mascara.aspx

This is by far my favourite mascara for a long time! Will most definitely be replacing this once it runs out.

Next up is the newly launched Cover & Go Foundation and Concealer Duo.

Cover & Go is such a handy 2-in-1 product with the lid comprised of a small pot of concealer along with a small mirror - perfect for popping in your handbag and touching up on the go.


The packaging is very glitzy and blinged up with shiny black and a metallic gold that's highly reflective and comes in a squeezable tube.

Contains 35mls


The top of the lid opens up to reveal your concealer and mirror. At first I thought the mirror was too small to be practical, however after using it a few times I realised that it's actually the perfect size for covering any small blemishes and spots. If you're bringing your foundation with you for a touch up during the day, it's actually great having this mirror included in case you don't have a compact on you.

The concealer itself is rich and creamy and gives good opaque coverage. It does the job perfect for concealing any blemishes, spots or under eye discolouration. It doesn't feel cakey or drying and I didn't develop any dreaded flaky patches whilst wearing this.

Shade: Fair 3

I'm super pale (think casper!) and Fair is a touch too dark for me, so if you're a porcelain skinned girl, check out Ivory or Light.

It comes in 6 Shades: Ivory, Light, Fair, Natural, Medium and Dark.

This foundation is very light and creamy. I wouldn't call it a full coverage foundation I would describe it as being more Light-Medium coverage. Personally I don't like full/heavy coverage foundations, they're far too much for my skin and I prefer something lighter so I got on quite well with this. However if you're looking for something akin to Double Wear, this may not be for you. If you want something light and for every day, normal wear, then this just may be a contender!


I did find that this did somewhat cling to dry patches on my skin - bear in mind however that I have seriously dry skin and it's rare that I can find a foundation that I don't have this problem with. If you have normal  - combination/oily skin you probably won't encounter this. Remember, everyones skin is different and what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

Overall, I have to say that I whilst it's not perfect for me - shade wise I could have done with Light or Ivory, I do actually like this foundation a lot. It's light and creamy and I found it easy to blend. I used it with Collection Ready & Primed underneath and had no problems with it lasting all day. As I said above, I did find that it clung a little to my dry patches, but other than that I was very happy with the formula, application and longevity.

For the price it's an absolute steal however, especially when you consider that it also includes a concealer and a dinky little mirror.

Expect to pay around £5.99 for this and like the Killer Curves Mascara it can be easily found in most Boots and Superdrug stores (keep an eye out for promotions and special offers)

You can also get it direct from Collection for £5.99 here
http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/face/foundation/cover-go-foundation-duo.aspx

Were you a fan of Collection 2000 and Constance Carroll back in the day?
Have you tried any of the new and revamped Collection products?
If you've got any favs, please let me know! :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...