Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Saturday, 2 February 2013

Glam Glow Super Mud Mask

Hi Guys!

I've been recently hearing a lot about the wondrous product beloved by Hollywood stars that is GLAMGLOW and they have recently launched Glam Glow Super Mud Clearing Treatment, so of course, in the interests of research I just had to try a sample for myself and see if it lived up to the hype.

Two Chemists in LA with celebrity friends used their free time to come up with a mask that made their friends red carpet ready.  Little jars of this volcanic mud mask were secretly being passed through the hands of Hollywood’s elite until now (Jennifer Aniston and Miley Cyrus are said to be fans).  I love that their story is so, well, Hollywood!


What GLAMGLOW Say:
"The world’s most scientifically advanced GLAMGLOW SUPER-MUD is a magical mud clearing treatment that will target, prevent and heal for seemingly poreless skin. Ideal for use as a full face mask or targeted spot treatment.

This amazing detoxifying mud mask is fantastic for fighting all common skin concerns - it helps with the brightening and evening of the complexion; creates a more youthful and smooth skin tone; improves elastin and collagen; de-clogs and minimises pore size and fights unwanted breakouts, by reducing redness and super-speeding the healing process."


High praise indeed and big claims to live up to!

I recently got a sample sachet of the Super-Mud Mask to try out;



Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Kaolin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Eucalyptus Globulus, Mandelic Acid, Charcoal, Parfum [Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool], Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Pyruvic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Maltodextrin, Iron Oxides, Peppermint Oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Glycerin, Chamoilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Hendera Helix Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone,  Methylisothiazolinone.


What it DOESN'T contain:
 
Sulfates, Synthetic Dyes, Petrochemicals, Phthalates, GMOs , Triclosan'.

Active Ingredients: 
  • CNECIDIC-6 4.4% - the first 6-Acid AHA & BHA PH balanced blend for mind-blowing faster results.
  • PORE-MATRIX Technology - Activated-X Charcoal is an Xtreme absorption carbon, attracting toxic substances from all skin types, within the deepest and toughest areas.
  • K17-Clay - will better extract and encapsulate excess sebum oils, bacteria and toxins for deep pore vacuum. Reveals a PORE-MATRIX of extraction dots and other areas ready to be washed away for seemingly poreless skin.
  • BIO-LIFE-CELL-SCIENCE - uses the natural occurring skincare benefits of green life for advanced results.
  • TEAOXI Technology - ground-breaking continuous time release technology with real Eucalyptus Leaf delivers daily fresh, natural eucalyptol and natural-linalool oil direct to the mud for magical glowing skin.

How to use it: 
SUPER-MUD can be used as a full mask for the entire face or simply as a one-spot wonder solution! With SUPER-MUD you can visibly see the congestion pull-out from your pores as it dries, giving immediate results in just one use. Easily added to any skin care range, for all skin types.

Glam Glow Super-Mud can be used as mask for 5/10/15/20mins depending on how intensive you want it or as a spot treatment using a dab of product.

When you first apply the mask I straight away felt a tingling sensation - I wouldn't call it unpleasant, but if you have very sensitive skin, you may find it a little uncomfortable. I did feel as though the mask was instantly doing something however which is no bad thing.

As I was using such a small sachet (just 2.1ml) I decided to just use the mask on my T-Zone - my cheeks are generally quite dry anyhow and are not an area where I get blemishes or have visible pores or blackheads so I felt it would benefit my T-Zone the most.

The tingling sensation lasts for about 5-10 minutes after which time the mask has fully set and hardened.
I then rinsed it off with warm water which instantly loosened up the hardened mask and made it very easy to simply rinse off.

Ick!
Check out the "Pore Matrix" reveal dots of extraction and absorption!



Results:
After rinsing off I did feel that my skin felt very soft and smooth. I was a little apprehensive in case it would be too harsh for my already dry and slightly sensitive skin, but I needn't have worried as it wasn't too drying and didn't irritate my skin in any way. The Pore-Matrix ingredients are designed to draw out problematic sebum oils and bacteria from the skin and I could see that the visible pores on my nose were greatly reduced - it really seemed to have latched onto any excess oil and sebum and soak it all up without overly drying out my skin and leaving it dehydrated. I definitely felt as though my skin were more radiant and refreshed after using it and I think that this could be a great product to use on problem areas when and as blemishes occur to nip them in the bud when you first notice them or as a weekly treatment mask to keep your skin in tip top condition.

Honestly, I would have liked to been have able to try a larger size to give it a more vigorous trial period and see how it stands up over multiple uses and how my skin reacts to it over a longer period of time, but all in all, preliminary results were excellent!


Price:
At £44.99 for 30mls of product, this is definitely on the more expensive side.

However GLAMGLOW claim that it  provides 17 full face applications or 1,000 spot treatments.  Which when you break it down works out at just £2.64 per full face treatment.

You can get GLAMGLOW Super-Mud here;

http://www.glamglowmud.co.uk/glamglow/products/glamglow_supermud_mask_30ml/

Or contact them here;

https://twitter.com/GlamGlow_UK

https://www.facebook.com/GLAMGLOWUK

Have you tried any GLAMGLOW products? If so I'd love to hear your thoughts on the products and how you got on with them :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...