Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Jacava Nail Polish in Marrakesh Nights

I was recently contacted by a brand new company named Jacava who have recently brought out a range of "8-Free" Nail Polishes, each of which are made in the UK who wanted to know if I would be interested in trying out one of their polishes. Well as a nail polish lover (though sadly I don't get to wear it as often as I would like as of late) I jumped at the chance and I was sent Marrakesh Nights




"The most sumptuous amethyst satin nail polish, laced with the finest crushed gold and diamond coloured powders"

Jacava are the world's first '8-free' nail varnish. That's free from DBP, Camphor, Formaldehyde, Toluene, Collophane, Parabens, Phthalates and Animal Ingredients. Oh, and they don't test on animals either, sounds good, huh?

But what's the actual polish like...?


The bottle is very unique with a long, slender gold cap - it's completely different to anything else, bottle-wise that I have in my collection. I think it looks quite luxurious looking and I love the gold with the plum shade - I think this colour would look amazing with some gold Konad stamping.


I tried to get a show showing the frosted / almost metallic finish of Merrakesh Nights here. You can see that there are some definite blue/purple undertones.


The elongated cap makes it very easy to hold the brush. The brush itself is quite long and thin - basically your regular nail polish brush.


Ok, confession time! In the pics above, I've actually been wearing this for 5 days now - there is slight tip wear, but nothing major - and no big chips after 5 days! The above is three coats - however you can get opaque coverage in two coats. I also didn't apply any base or top coats (bad blogger, I know!) as I really wanted to get a feel to see how this nail polish would perform on it's own without the help of any long lasting and long wearing top and under coats.

I have to say, I'm actually pretty impressed! I can be quite hard on my nails so to get 5 days wear with only slight tip wear from this is well, pretty amazing!

I absolutely love the shade Marrakesh Nights - it's a beautiful rich plum with the tiniest hint of red and gold micro-sparkles. It has a shiny, satin almost frosted finish. The colour you see in the bottle is exactly what you get on your nails.

You can get Jacava Nail Polish from;

http://www.jacava.com

Priced at £14.50 for 12mls 
- it's not cheap but so far I'm really liking the formula and application.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...