Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Product Rave: Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

It's not often you come across a product that does everything it claims to do and then some more. I've been using the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment and have absolutely fell head over heels in love with it. I think I just may have found my "Holy Grail" when it comes to hair oil products, and believe me, I've tried a LOT!





As I have quite long hair which is coloured from time to time, I really do try to keep it as healthy as possible and in good condition. My hair (like my Sahara dry skin) loves silicone based products and in my quest to keep my locks looking healthy and shiny I've tried out a lot of hair oil products in my time - Morrocan Oil? Check. Hask Argan Oil? Check. Aldi's Miracle Oil? Check. Argan+ Oil? Check. L'oreal Extraordinary Hair Oil? Check. I could go on and bore you with the details of my other past endeavours, but I'll try to keep this short :)

Now whilst I liked all of the above products and did notice a definite improvement in my hair, none of them have come even close to Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment. This was the first hair oil treatment that really made me go "WOW".


"Our Healing Oil Treatment is a therapeutic blend suitable for all hair types and is especially beneficial to dry, damaged hair."

  • Intense nourishment for tangle & frizz free hair
  • Hair that is ultra-smooth, manageable & shiny
  • Natural UV protection extends the life of colour treatments
  • Reduced drying time by an incredible 40-50%


    Ingredients:
    Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Temifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Coumarin, Linalool, Limonene



    First things first, the packaging is by far the best I've come across with any hair oil treatment before - it comes with a study pump which dispenses just the right amount of product. One pump is sufficient for most hair, but if you have extremely long hair, or your hair is very damaged and could do with an intensive treatment you could probably do with 2 pumps.

    Gone are the days of sticky bottles with cap lids which no matter how tight you screw them back on, they always seem to leak a little. No such fear with this however thanks to the pump! Hurray for no more leaks and spills which from past experience can be very messy indeed.

    The bottle is brown glass - which helps prevent sunlight from deteriorating the product inside and should give the product a longer shelf life.



    I was actually surprised with the density and viscosity of the oil contained inside. Given my past dalliances with hair oils, I was much used to runnier, watery consistency oils, whereas when I first used this I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a much thicker oil than what I was used to. I'll even go as far to say that it was almost akin to a oil-gel hybrid.

    I found this to be a much more intensive treatment than what I had used previously, and to be honest I was a little worried that this would leave my hair looking lank and feeling greasy as my hair is quite fine and I've had some disasters in the past using serums which left my hair looking like I'd dunked it into a vat of grease - so not a good look.

    The first time I used this I left it in my hair as a conditioning treatment before washing it. I left it in for 10 minutes and as soon as I started shampooing my hair it literally felt like liquid silk. My hair can get quite tangled, but washing this out, my fingers simply glided through my hair. All good so far, but how would it take to my hair after washing?

    I see that Macadamia Hair claim that using this product speeds up drying your hair by an impressive 40-50%, however I have to admit I rarely blow dry my hair, preferring to let it air dry and I'm not in the habit of timing how long it usually takes my hair to dry, but it certainly did seem to be dry to the touch much quicker than usual.

    Brushing my hair whilst still wet (yes, naughty I know, but I use a Tangle Teezer if that helps!) I was delighted to find that it brushed out nice and straight within minutes - an arduous task which can often take me a lot longer than I'd like to admit.

    Once my hair was fully dry the shine was simply unbelievable  My hair felt glossy and smooth and just well, really healthy. I've rarely seen my hair in such good condition before.

    I've since been using the healing oil treatment after each and every wash. A quick pump spread evenly through my just towel dried hair and it's been so manageable ever since.

    I'm pleased to say, that despite the richer formulation it hasn't weighed down my hair at all, nor left it lank or limp. It's been such a pleasure to use. My hair is looking great, soft and silky and it feels nourished and conditioned.

    This really has been a wonder product for me and is now one of those oh so elusive "holy grails" in my beauty stash.

    Now as if I didn't need any more reasons to love this product, it's also smells amazing!!

    A+

    Pricing:

    30ml - £12.95
    125ml - £29.95
    300ml - £60

    Available from: 
    https://www.macadamiahair.co.uk



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...