Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Friday, 29 March 2013

Blemishes Begone! Witch Anti-Blemish BB Cream

I remember using Witch products back in the day when I was a teen. Witch was right up there with Lipcote, Constance Carroll and Collection 2000 as being part of my makeup staples. Back then I was drawn to the witch hazel's almost magical properties when it came to blemishes, spots, pimples and well, all round problematic teenage skin.

Fast forward a few years and thankfully I rarely get any spots nowadays (severely dry and dehydrated skin has taken it's place and let me tell you right now, that ain't no fun either) so Witch products went out of sight and out of mind. Until now that is with their new Anti-Blemish Beauty Balm.



I stopped using Witch products since my skin became dry and sensitive, mistakenly believing that their products would now be too harsh for my skin, however since the arrival of their BB Cream which is suitable for all skin types I was intrigued to try it seeing as I already love BB Creams and it's, well cheap as chips and widely available.

I must confess however, I've had this laying around in my stash for some time now as I was happy with my current skincare base but for the past week or two my skin has been playing absolute havoc  I can't remember the last time I had a spot, but I've had a right ol' breakout now with lots of blemishes. I still haven't pinpointed what triggered this but I think stress and lot's of late nights may have been a factor.

Anyways, I decided that now was the perfect time to try this baby out and put it's anti-blemish properties to the test!


"Witch Anti-blemish Beauty Balm’s clever, multi-action formula, is designed to cater for all skin tones, boosting your natural beauty and delivering flawless looking skin.  With witch hazel extract, our unique BB cream will offer a skin-clearing formula, as well as delivering a smoothing and picture-perfect, beautiful finish. Provides all day hydration and creates a naturally flawless look, blurs imperfections and evens skin tone"


The BB Cream comes in a handy squeezable tube and contains a generous 50mls of product.


Ingredients:

Aqua, CI 77891, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sorbitan Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-20 Stearate, Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Palmitic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Mica, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Decyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylisothiazolinone, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Natto Gum,Chlorphenesin, EDTA, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499.

  • Witch Hazel Extract: natural astringent with soothing & toning properties
  • Vitamin E & Panthenol: nourish the skin
  • Sodium Hyaluronate: provides excellent skin moisture retention
  • UV Filters: help protect skin from harmful UVA & UVB rays
  • Mineral Pigments: to cover imperfections leaving skin radiant & glowing

Shade wise, this was actually pretty spot on for me! It has a slight pink undertone, so if you're very sallow or have darker skin this probably isn't going to work for you unfortunately.

As far as I can see, this just comes in the one universal shade at present - hopefully they will expand the range to incorporate more colours but if you have fair, Irish skin like myself this just may work for you!

It doesn't have a grey-ish cast which you can get with Asian BB Creams and nor does it have an orange hue like some Western brands (Yes, Maybelline, I'm looking at you!)

Coverage is actually more akin to a foundation and not like a tinted moisturiser which I've experienced in the past with a lot of BB Creams I've tried. Longevity is not a problem with this either - on saying that however I do have very dry skin, if you have very oily skin you might think differently.

It goes on light and leaves a nice dewy finish which I love, so big thumbs up there! It also made light work of concealing dark circles, redness and blemishes.

As for my blemishes.. well I've been using this for the past 2 weeks solid now and I have to say there's been a huge improvement in my skin - the blemishes and spots have definitely cleared up (that's not to say they're gone completely, but give it another week and I imagine they will be) 

My skin was in a right state before using this and I'm delighted it's worked so well. It just goes to show that you don't have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to get results.

One of my fears in using this is that it would dry out my skin even more so - thankfully no such thing however! I didn't experience any dryness or irritation of my sensitive skin whilst using this, so I can't really fault it at all!

This one is a definite winner from me and it's a nice bonus that it contains 15SPF for everyday use. It doesn't hurt that it's priced so well either! ;)

Available from Boots, Superdrug and pharmacies nationwide.

Expect to pick it up with a tenner and change back! :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...