Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Friday, 29 March 2013

Skinetica - Anti-Blemish Solution

Happy Easter All!

If you read my last post, you'll know that I've been suffering an outbreak of sorts and my poor skin has been in bits with redness, blemishes and agh, the dreaded spots! I seriously thought that I had outgrown these outbreaks as I haven't had one in years but oh well, these things happen.

So it was perfect timing that I got my hands on some Skinetica - an anti-blemish skincare treatment formerly known as Acnigon.



Claims:
Skinetica is a genuine product that actually does what it says on the bottle!
A unique new solution that clears unsightly breakouts with visible improvements in 2-3 days.
  • No harsh chemicals
  • No side effects
  • Kind to skin
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Non Toxic, non staining, non greasy

I first came across Skinetica when it was provided as a sample with some Beauty Box companies - I definitely remember it being included in a Glossybox, I think it may also have come with a She Said Beauty Box but I'm not 100% sure.

To be honest, I didn't have the opportunity to try it out until recently as fortunately I didn't have any blemishes, but this week, boy did I put it to use!


The bottle it comes in is fairly plain and almost medicinal looking, but if it does what it claims to do then that's the main thing

Ingredients:
Deionized Water 18 Mega Ohm, Ethyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Organosilane Quaternary Ammonium Chloride.


I wasn't exactly thrilled when I saw that alcohol was the second ingredient in the list. I've always thought of alcohol as being far too harsh for the skin as it can have a drying effect. However, in the name of research I went along and tried it out for a few days.


Directions:
According to the instructions you should apply this twice a day - 12 hours apart - so ideally morning and night after cleansing.

Simply dab on with a cotton pad, leave the solution to dry for a few seconds then proceed with your regular skincare routine - e.g. moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer etc..


I've been using this for the past 3 days - lightly dabbing on some cotton wool (or a cotton bud for spot treatments). There's quite a strong smell off of this solution, but other than that nothing else to report - no side effects, stinging or burning sensations.

The liquid itself is very watery, almost like a toner.

It literally takes just a few seconds for it to dry on your skin and then you can proceed to apply your regular makeup on top of it.

I'm on Day 3 now and whilst the manufacturers claim that some people notice results after 2 days, it generally takes 4/5 days for it to do it's thing.

I can safely say that by using this in combination with the Witch BB Cream it's been successful in drying up my blemishes. I've been reading some reviews where people say they have gotten great results using it on their nose and chin to clear up blackheads, however given that I have very dry skin at the best of time which I do not want to aggravate any further, I've been sticking to applying it solely to spots and blemishes and it seems to be doing what it says on the tin so to speak :)

Skinetica is priced at  £9.99 (including P&P within the UK) for 100ml
Or £10.29 including P&P within Europe

I have to say first of all, bravo to them for such reasonable postage rates to Europe - just a mere .30 cents more to post anywhere in Europe than to the UK! That's fantastic value. I'm honestly so sick of outrageous P&P to Ireland and Europe in general, so kudos to them for keeping it so reasonable and in line with the UK cost.

Skinetica also very kindly offer free samples (just pay postage) so you can in effect, try before you buy. The sample is a miniature bottle of the full size and contains 15mls - about enough for 3 days use.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...