Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Glossybox: Seaside Splash and High Flyers Editions


Ah Glossybox, we had fond memories. You were the very first monthly beauty box I ever subscribed to. It all started out so rosy, a blossoming relationship filled with wonderment and surprise. And how you surprised me. Every month was like a Birthday treat, I eagerly awaited the arrival of my postman to bring me my box of prettiness filled with luxury samples and even full sized goodies. I so looked forward to the unwrapping of the delightfully presented treasure trove box of beauty booty. The anticipation, the glee, the surprise, the astonishment, the thrill of finding out what goodies would be in store for me.


Unfortunately, like many new relationships, eventually the fizzle dissipated. The chemistry wasn't working. I just wasn't feeling it anymore. At times I was left feeling disappointed and confused. Toothpaste? Lipcote? Anti-Wrinkle cream? Yardley perfume samples? At times, I felt they didn't even know me anymore. Worse yet was when I saw the luxury gifts heaped upon others - Dermalogica samples, HD Brows kits, Sleek palettes... Where was I going wrong? Was I unloved? Why wasn't I being lavished with these gifts from the Gods? Of course, you must realise that a lot of these monthly beauty boxes depends on the luck of the draw, but at times I felt I was getting the short straw and so it was that I ended our relationship.

Now don't get me wrong, there were many times I fretted - did I make the right decision? Would they take me back now if I changed my mind? And then of course, worse was to come when I saw fabulous boxes filled with treasures galore and I missed the monthly thrill, the surprise, the anticipation, the sheer fun of it all. I stayed strong however, and did not succumb to temptation. 

That is until I recently received an email informing me that I could avail of August AND July's boxes for just £15. After a bit of research, I found out that the High Flyers and Seaside Splash boxes really clicked with me. In addition to this, I was also very interested to read that Irish beauty, Rachel Kavanagh - you may remember her from Fair City - who previously brought us the incredible Rockstar Tan has recently become the new CEO of Glossybox UK and Ireland.

With an Irish beauty aficionado who was lauded with numerous prestigious awards now at the helm of Glossybox, I decided to dip my toes in and take the plunge. And, boy was I glad I did. :)




First up is July's Seaside Splash;


I absolutely love this packaging - a gorgeous aqua marine shade with coral reef. Stunning.


Contents:

1. Essie Sleek Stick in Stickers and Stones
What Glossy box says -
'Discover a whole new way to Essie. Now you can re-create chic looks fresh off the runway without so much as picking up a brush. These glam Essie sleek sticks mimic the look and feel of handcrafted nail art and last up to 10 days. All you need to do is match the stickers to the size of each nail, peel them off and apply, before buffing away any excess with the file... Easy peasy!'

Full size - one set £9.99

2. Anatomicals 'Spray Misty For Me' Facial Spritz
What Glossy box says - 
'Out current obsession in the Glossy office: ultra-hydrating facial mists - the number one summer essential. This facial spritz with calming lavender and refreshing peppermint extracts helps rehydrate and calm skin. Wonderful everyday, during flights, at the beach, in the city or the office. We love that this is suitable for all skin types.'

Full size - 100ml £6.00

3. Sleek Pout Paint in Minx and Peachy Keen
What Glossy box says -
'Pout Paints are intensive, long lasting lip pigments that are made to be mixed. Use a tiny bead of Pout Paint and smooth onto your lips for mind-blowing vibrant colour that gives you full coverage that lasts for hours and dries to a satin finish. Did you receive electric blue or bright silver? Don't worry they're meant for mixing. Simply use to brighten or add vibrancy to your regular colour, and create your own unique shade.

Full size - 8ml £4.99 - each - £9.98 total

4. Coola Organic Mineral Sunscreen
What Glossy box says -
'We love this tough but gentle multi-tasker. Coola Organic's Suncare collection is hypoallergenic, free of parabens and packed with antioxidants. It provides complete UVA/UVB protection and fights free radicals, while soothing, toning and minimising pores. Organic Acai Oil delivers powerful anti-ageing benefits, while organic Evening Primrose and Linseed Oils reduce inflammation and balance moisture. We've truly fallen for this suncare hero.'

Full size - 50ml £29.99

5. Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
What Glossy box says -
'Your perfect "Seaside Splash" summer companion! Forget perfectly primped hair, and instead opt for effortlessly tousled, "just-back-from-the-beach" waves with this weightless mist. Adds texture, volume and healthy shine to all hair types."

Full size - 125ml £23.00


I was absolutely delighted with this Glossybox. Being a huge fan of OCC's Lip Tars I had my eyes on the Sleek Pout Paints for quite some time, however given that Sleek can be hard to get hold of here in Ireland I had yet to try them, so I was thrilled to find not one, but two Pout Paints included. I received Minx and Peachy Keen.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with the Seaside Splash offerings. My box's value totaled over £35 - the box itself set me back just £7.50 so it represents fantastic value for me. Most importantly however, everything included is something I will use - there's no point totting up how much money you've saved if you're not actually going to use the products!



Next up is August's offering - The High Flyers edition.

Targeted for girls on the go, jet setters and travelistas. This months box features brands from all over the globe.





Contents;

Brazil - Oceane MakeUp Remover Pen (not available in UK)
"This pen delivers a mobile, mess and fuss free makeup touch-up/removal solution."

Sweden - Emite Make Up Eyelash Curler (£20)
This has a special curved design to suit all eye shapes without touching your makeup base. 

UK - Jelly Pong Pong 2-in1 Shadow/Liner (full size £10.50)
"This creamy crayon can be used to line the eye as well as smudged and blended as a shadow."

USA - TRESemme Platinum Strength Concentrated Treatment Shot (15ml £1.49)
"In sixty seconds will transform frizzy, fried hair into beach goddess worthy hair."

India - Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream - Sample Size
"Ayurvedic detoxifying botanicals to keep complexions clear."




Again, the contents of this edition are valued at just over £35 - not bad considering I paid just £7.50 for it.

I paid £15 for the Seaside Splash and High Flyers editions, plus £2.95 P&P bringing the total to £17.95 or around €22. I'm extremely happy with my two Glossyboxes so much so that this may be rekindling a long lost love affair. I love it when a story has a happy ending. This won't be the last you hear of Glossybox on Belle Morte Beauty, that's for sure! ;)

Are you subscibed to Glossybox or any other similar monthly beauty boxes? Were you happy with this months offerings? I'd love to hear what you've all been receiving in your boxes of beauty goodness, so let me know in the comments below. Thanks! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...