Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Sunday, 15 September 2013

DoorJammer Security Device

Hi guys, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. :)

I'm taking a bit of a departure from the usual beauty stuff today. I was recently sent the DoorJammer to try out and share with you guys. Now admittedly, DIY and boy gadgets aren't my thing - I feel much more at home with and know my way around a lipstick than a drill, but this looked interesting enough so in the sake of research, I said i'd try out and see if it would be worth writing about.



From the promo images I was expecting a great hunk of unwielding metal, so imagine my surprise when a small jiffy bag plopped onto my door mat and inside contained a rather dainty and small box.



Inside the box, the DoorJammer comes presented in a pretty velvet pouch. Now this is more what i'm used to. Suddenly it seemed a lot more accessible to me. Yup, I'm such a girl! 


It was a lot smaller and more portable in reality than I had imagined - size wise it's about the height of a standard smartphone and it's actually pretty lightweight and handbag friendly. Ok, let's be honest, it's probably not something you're going to want to bring with you on a daily basis, however on the occasions you might want to use this, it's good to know that you can pop it in your handbag if needs be.



The DoorJammer is a portable security device that, funnily enough acts as a door jammer. It is intended to be in most doors to ensure the door is jammed shut thus enabling you to feel safe and secure in your environment, safe in the knowledge that no-one is getting in unless you permit them to do so when this is in use.



Whilst the device does come with instructions, they're not necessary as I'm pleased to say that this gadget is idiot-proof, even for a gadget-phobe such as myself. As a result, I had this fitted to a door within 5 seconds and cue some highly "scientific" testing I can attest that no-one will be entering your room whilst you have this attached under your door.

It's super simple to use - just slide it in under your door, screw it into place and voila, that's it.




If you've ever had to endure the pleasure of sharing with strangers, living on campus in student accommodation or come from a large family with nosy siblings then you're likely to appreciate the benefits of this. Attach it to your door to prevent any unwanted intrusions so you can keep your room to yourself and regain some peace and quiet whether you want to catch up on some study, read that novel you've been meaning to catch up on, try out some new beauty looks or just plain want to chill out in your sanctuary.

I've had the unfortunate experience of being robbed once whilst on holiday - let's just say that i'm extremely vigilant about keeping an eye on my belongings when abroad since - and I would be lying if I didn't say that I do worry from time to time about someone breaking into my accommodation or hotel room. I think I'll definitely be taking this with me on my next trip for added peace of mind and security. Thankfully, it's so lightweight and small that I won't have to worry about it increasing my baggage KG limit and it will easily fit into my carry on hand luggage, so no issues there.

One issue that did occur to me in using this item was, how safe would this be to have engaged in your door in the event of a fire or similar? Thankfully, after viewing the manufacturers website I have been assured that it can be removed within seconds in the event of an emergency.

Whilst this may not be a must-have that you're life cannot possibly be complete without, I can definitely see it's benefits and uses. If you're in rented accommodation and are sicking of people barging in unannounced (same goes with family especially those who aren't too familiar with boundaries) and want to reclaim some privacy then this just may be the solution for you.

There's an informational video on the product which you can view here, which should answer any other queries you may have about this device or it's installation (trust me though, it's easy peasy to set up and takes just seconds to fit and remove).



You can find out more from:
http://www.door-jammer.com

Priced at €29.99



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...