Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Monday, 23 September 2013

Rituals Touch of Happiness Body Cream

Rituals recently launched their Laughing Buddha Collection.  Inspired by the philosophy of a famous monk, Rituals brings a Touch of Happiness in to your bathroom. The scent of Sweet Orange and Cedar Wood infuses happiness, optimism and a dash of luck into your life.

If we all walked around with a smile on our face and a nice word for everyone we met, the world would be a much happier place. Rituals are aiming to do their bit for the good of all mankind with their Sweet Orange and Cedar Wood fragranced products :)




Smile to the world and the world smiles back.


"Ultra rich, whipped body cream
  • Special technology makes this whipped cream easy to apply, while its rich and velvety formulation nourishes and strengthens the skin.
  • A unique blend containing antioxidants, Vitamin E and the strengthening ingredient Centella Asiatica
  • Natural ingredients of Sweet Orange and Cedar provide a heavenly warm fragrance"


The Touch of Happiness Body Cream comes in a large 200ml orange tub with a gorgeous metallic rose gold lid complete with engravings which gives the product a very high-end and luxurious feel. 



Now, I'll be honest, I'm not a big user of body creams in general. Yes I like them and like the results they produce but y'know what, sometimes laziness gets the better of me, and whilst I always start out with great intentions, making promises to slather myself in body cream daily; by day 4 I tend to get bored and lose interest and next thing before I know it that latest body cream is sitting neglected gathering dust bunnies in a far flung shelf somewhere not getting any love.

I feared that the same would happen with this, but from the very first time I tried this I knew things would be different. I could convert and become a body cream zealot once I actually smelled this. The scent is nothing short of amazing! For some reason, before I actually tried this, I had gotten it into my head that the scent would be similar to Clinique's Happy. Whilst I used to love that perfume as a young school-going teen, my tastes have changed since then and I wasn't too sure quite how well I would like this.

I need not have feared - it's an absolutely stunning scent - I mean, we're talking proper EDP worthy scent here! It's not at all the fruity, zesty scent I had assumed it would be - it's a powerful and full bodied woody and heady mix of citrus and cedar. The first day I tried this, I started by testing this on my wrists first before going the whole hog and slathering myself from head to toe in it and I instantly fell in love. I even started getting compliments and inquiries as to what my perfume was that day. It's sensuous and sophisticated and very long lasting. In preparing to review this body cream (or any in general) I never thought the highlight of it for me would be the fragrance, but there you go!


Rituals have managed to produce a luxury packaging that remains functional and aesthetically pleasing. The vibrant orange and delicate rose gold really goes hand in hand and makes it visually appealing. I like.

Ingredients:

The body cream is rich and luxurious, leaving skin feeling hydrated and supple.A little scoop of this Happiness cream will almost melt on your fingers and melds into the skin. What’s left is a soft, non-sticky, divine scented skin lingering all day. On the skin the fragrance transforms from a sweet scent in the jar to a powerful and heady woody fragrance. If this came in a EDP I'd buy it in a heartbeat!



It's safe to say that I have finally been converted to the wonders of body creams - or this one at least. I've been using this for the past two weeks and my love and enjoyment of it shows no signs of abating thanks to the wondrous scent that's kept me coming back for more and more and more.. you get the idea! ;)


You can get this (along with the rest of the Laughing Buddha range) direct from Rituals, or from Feel Unique or House of Fraser

You would think that for product such as this and with the Rituals brand name it would cost an arm and a leg, but you'll be pleasantly surprised to hear that it costs just £15 / €17 (approx)

Plus, I see that Rituals are currently running an offer of get a free spa treat worth £11 when you spend £35 or over which includes a Hammam Olive Secret shower paste and scrub glove here

Have you ever tried any Rituals products before? If so, please let me know if you have any favourites as I would love to try out more of the range now.

Thanks and keep smiling everyone! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...