Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Yon-Ka Hydra No. 1 Range - Give Your Skin An Extra Boost This Winter


What do Angelina Jolie, Victoria Beckham, Sienna Miller and 

Beyonce all have in common? They all use Yon-Ka!


Now I've been a fan of Yon-Ka for many years now (thanks to my good ol' Mom for introducing me to the brand back in the day!) but I didn't realise that they had such a celeb following til fairly recently, so it was with great gusto and glee that I started trialing their Hydra No. 1 Serum and Masque No. 1 - anything that's good for Beyonce, Angelina et al is good enough for me!




Winter is a great time for feeling toasty and warm, wrapped up in cosy jumpers & blankets, or settled in front of a fire. But freezing temperatures, low humidity, and central heating can leave your skin dry, flaky, and itchy. Everyone needs to protect their skin from drying out in the winter. So with the climate already taking a noticeable dive this month, now is the time to stock up on the beauty goodies that will see you the autumn and winter season and prepare your skin for the weeks ahead. So it was with perfect timing that I got my mitts on some of the Hydra No.1 range to try out.


Masque No.1


Intense hydration mask
 
"This gel-cream mask with delicate floral aromas provides

 immediate, time-released, deep hydration: +54% after 1

ho
ur and +96% after 8 hours. It helps the skin to combat free-

radicals, aging and irritating agents.


Suitable for sensitive or EASILY irritated skin, whether dry or 

oily. Intensely replenished, the skin immediately appears 

smoother, softer, and fuller."


Ingredients

88% of natural ingredients Paraben free

Imperata cylindrica, aloe vera, PCA, plant glycerin: hydrating

Silicon derivative: regenerating

Vitamin A: regenerating

Jojoba, sandalwood, phellodendron, barley: anti-dehydrating - repairing

Bacopa monniera: anti-oxidant

Vitamins C and E: anti-oxidants

Bisabolol, vitamin B5 : soothing

Essential oils of rose, jasmine, shiu: relaxing


I really like face masks so I was looking forward to trying this out as to see how it compared to my old go-to (Lancome Nutri-Intense Mask with Shea Butter). The Yon-Ka offering comes in at 50ml in a squeezable tube complete with hygiene seal on first use.

Yon-Ka products as always, smell heavenly and this is no different - you can really get the scents of rose and jasmine off of this, which also happen to be two of my favourite floral scents so we were off to a great start already with this I must admit.


Although this can be used by all skin types, for very dehydrated skin Yon-Ka recommend applying this 1-3 times per week after cleansing and leaving on for 20-60 minutes - so quite a bit longer than your standard facial masks. I was delighted by this as I normally leave masks on for as long as possible anyhow, so an hour was perfect for me. 

Yon-Ka also recommend blotting any excess off with tissue when you're finished with the masque - however I have to confess, I've been cheating by applying it at night before bed and letting all the intensely hydrating goodness soak in fully. It's been paying off too as in the past week my forehead in particular has become VERY dry and rough in places making foundation a nightmare to apply (seriously, anyone with oily skin want to trade?) however after just one weeks use (3 applications) I've already been reaping the benefits of this - goodbye flaky skin and hello plump, healthy fresh skin!

If these are the results are just one weeks use I can't wait to see what my skin will be like 4-6 weeks from now. Exciting times ahead! I'm seriously loving the No. 1 Masque, so much so that I don't foresee myself using my old Lancome Nutri-Intense Mask that used to be a staple of mine anytime too soon... Yes, it really is that good!

Hydra No.1 Serum & Creme


I also received some very generous samples of the Hydra No.1 Serum & Creme which complement the Hydra No.1 Masque.


"The perfect emergency remedy for very dehydrated skin.
With its true long-lasting, intense hydration activating complex, this creamy and refreshing gel is the perfect emergency remedy for very dehydrated skin: quickly absorbed, it replenishes the skin's hydration levels.
The anti-aging and hydrating* effects are enhanced when used in association with the CREME or the FLUIDE. 
The skin is softer and suppler; its glow restored, it appears smoother and re-plumped."


"This cream is a comforting cocoon for dehydrated, dry or sensitive skin.  
Its long-lasting hydrating power is complemented by its rich oil-restoring, repairing, soothing and anti-aging ingredients which protect the skin against environmental factors, allowing it to restore its essential balance. 
The skin is softer and suppler; it is glowing, and appears smoother and re-plumped.
Results: Immediate hydration of + 138%"


The serum can be applied daily, either every morning or nightly. This serum as thicker than almost any other serum I've tried before and has a texture like that of a light moisturiser. Again this is suitable for all skin types, but would be particularly beneficial for those with dry/dehydrated/sensitive skin.

Like its Masque counterpart, this smells wonderful - you can really get the scent of rose and jasmine off of this, but don't worry it's not too overpowering for those of you that have an aversion to scented skincare products.



Although this serum is a little thicker than what I'm used to, it sank into my skin in no time at all and my skin was then ready to apply the accompanying creme.

My skin felt comfortably smooth, hydrated and plumper all day - between using these two and the Masque (along with my Konjac sponge for cleansing to gently exfoliate) my skin was completely a flaky-free zone with NO dry patches which made applying foundation a dream and it lasted all day. YAY!

One thing I can't stand is serum and moisturisers that leave your skin feeling "sticky" or "tacky" which can make your foundation go on blotchy if you're not careful - I'm happy to report there was no such issues with these - the serum and creme both instantly soaked into my skin, plumping and hydrating as they went without leaving any unwanted residue. Double bonus!


I can see the Masque No. 1 being my winter skin saviour over the coming weeks and all going well I'll definitely be replacing this once it's finished.

I've been on a bit of a self-imposed spending ban when it comes to skincare products - I honestly just buy too many and never use them up, always hopping from one brand to another, however given that I've been so blown away by the results of the Hydra No. 1 range (and I don't say that lightly) when used in combination with each other, I think I'm going to have to make the exception and get the full sizes of both the Serum and Creme once I run out of the samples.

Given that Yon-Ka are professional, salon quality spa products for home use, the prices do reflect this.

Masque No. 1 - £42.00 / €45.50
Hydra No. 1 Serum - £57.00 / €63.00
Hydra No. 1 Creme - £49.00 / €49.50

Products available from 
Yon-Ka Shop UK
Yon-Ka UK on Facebook & Twitter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...