Follow @BelleMorteBlog

Saturday, 21 December 2013

Ali Mac Skincare - Winter Skin Saviours

I came across the Ali Mac Skincare range some time back which seems setting the blogosphere alight with great reviews, so of course as a bit of a skincare obsessive I was very eager to try out some of the line for myself to see how it fares.


Alison McIntosh, the founder and creator of Ali Mac Skincare set about to develop a range of wholesome, natural and ethically produced products both free from synthetic and unethical ingredients.

Ali Mac believe that we should all be more aware of the sheer amount of harmful ingredients that skincare products contain and that we should take a more natural approach to our skin.


First up is the Chamomile Hydrating Face Mist.

"
Tone & Hydrate with this refreshing blend of chamomile, organic mandarin and soothing calendula extract for a fresh, radiant complexion."


The face mist comes in a large brown tinted bottle with your standard spray nozzle.  Most of the Ali Mac range comes in brown class jars and containers - for those of you who might be wondering, the reasoning behind this is that brown glass absorbs the most ultraviolet radiation, so it offers the best protection from potentially damaging light, thus preserving the shelf life of your products for longer :)

This comes in a 150ml size

I've been using this twice daily after cleansing morning and evening and I've also been spritzing myself with it when I feel I need a bit of a boost as I find it really refreshes you and it keeps your skin hydrated throughout the day. I've also been using it as a "setting mist" after I've applied my makeup in place of my usual MAC Fix+ Rose to prevent makeup looking heavy or cakey.

I personally love the smell of this - this is going to sound horridly cliched, but it's like a nice summer breeze - such a pleasant anti-dote to the awful weather we're currently having. 

This is great for calming rosacea, sensitive or easily irritated skin - it will help tone down redness whilst soothing and hydrating the skin. I was a little surprised to see Alcohol listed as the second ingredient in this, however I haven't experienced any sensitivity whilst using this, it's very mild.


Next is the Rose Anti-Oxidant Face Serum. Oh how I love serums! When you have seriously dehydrated and dry skin, serums will become your new BFF so I was looking forward to trying this out.

"
An intensive treatment serum: the synergy of precious oils; high in GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acids) contained in our serum packs a powerful punch to restore and regenerate your skins tissues; helping to reduce fine lines & wrinkles"

First impressions were good - it's beautifully scented with Damascus Rose oil which is one of my favourite scents (I'm a big lover of most Rose-based perfumes and love using Rose Water as a toner) so I knew this was going to be a hit before I even properly tried it.


This comes in a 30ml brown glass bottle complete with pipette which lets you control each drop of the serum so you needn't worry about using too much or wasting any.

I found using just two drops of this serum to be more than sufficient for my needs, however if your skin is seriously stressed and drier than the Sahara you could try adding 3/4 drops for an ultra-nourishing treatment.

I've been using this straight after cleansing and waiting for it to settle in before applying and moisturiser. If you have a particular moisturiser you love, you could also add a few drops of this to your moisturiser and mixing it in before applying to your face to give your moisturiser an extra hydration boost to give your skin that little bit more TLC and protection during this harsh winter weather.

If you're a fan of Trilogy's now infamous Rosehip oil,  you'll LOVE this! I've been using rosehip oil fairly religiously for the past 2 years or so, however I've now been converted to this, especially for the winter months.


I received two unexpected samples which was a really nice touch and I was delighted to see that I was sent the Chamomile Cleansing Melt and Chamomile Face Polish


Left to Right: Chamomile Cleansing Melt, Chamomile Face Polish

I'm a HUGE fan of cleansing balms in general - they don't strip your skin of any essential oils, they're fantastic for dry skin and better yet, this one doesn't contain any mineral oils.

Enriched with shea butter and argan oil it instantly feels nourishing and rich and makes a breeze of removing makeup thanks to it's incorporated sunflower seed oil. My skin just loves creamy cleansing balms such as this - begone the days of yore of harsh foaming cleansing agents which left my skin feeling dry and tight. Taking off the days daily grime and dirt is a pleasure with this beauty - my only gripe is that I used it up in 5 days!

This works great in combination with a muslin cloth soaked in warm water. You can use the cloth to gently exfoliate and buff your skin for a really smooth finish.

If you need something a little more fast acting however, the Chamomile Face Polish contains natural sugar to gently slough away any dead skin and cells to leave your skin feeling, well polished. The fine nature of the granules means that this can be used even on the most sensitive of skins also. This like the Cleansing Melt also contains shea butter and sunflower seed oil so it feels pleasant on the skin and doesn't strip it of essential oils and fatty acids. 

I've been guilty in the past of being far too enthusiastic of the ol' exfoliators in vain attempt to conquer and banish all signs of dry patches and flakiness, however I've since learned that I need to be gentle and take it easy on my skin as it is prone to redness and sensitivity so I have somewhat a love/hate relationship with exfoliators in general, however I really got on well with this and I could see myself purchasing a full size version of this in the near future.


I'm adding the Ali Mac Rose Anti-Oxidant Face Serum and Chamomile Hydrating Face Mist to my list of Winter Skin SOS Saviours this year - I've been using them in conjunction with the Kerstin Florian Correcting Rescue Creme and my skin is definitely looking happier and healthier since I started this routine.



Pricing & Availability:
Rose Anti-Oxidant Face Serum - €41.95
Chamomile Hydrating Face Mist - €22.95

Rose & Camellia Face Polish €22.95


Chamomile Cleansing Melt €22.95




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...